itsJerian is a Fortnite YouTuber who has amassed a substantial following of over 1.5M+ subscribers. Known for his clean edits, whacky commentary, and a knack for absolutely decimating opponents in build wars, it’s no surprise that itsJerian uses an epic keyboard to do his deeds.
itsJerian currently uses the fables Wooting 60HE as his primary keyboard for Fortnite and video editing. As one of the fastest gaming keyboards in the world, it’s clear as to why itsJerian uses it.
In this article, we’re going to go over why itsJerian uses the Wooting 60HE, whether he’s tried other keyboards and what the advantage of this particular keyboard is.
Why Does itsJerian Use the Wooting 60HE?
The Wooting 60HE allows for native double movement in Fortnite alongside having the fastest response time. Both of these reasons are why professionals such as itsJerian prefer using the Wooting 60HE over other keyboards.
Unlike traditional keyboards, there’s no latency from any onboard software such as Logitech’s G-HUB or Razer’s Synapse. Moreover, its integration with double movement has allowed it to develop a sort of prestige within the Fortnite community as one of the first keyboards which have natively supported double movement, an integral part of building especially after Fortnite allowed its use in competitive play.
Besides just that, the Wooting 60HE detects switch motion with an accuracy of 0.1mm using an analog signal. It also lets you control your actuation point from 0.1mm to 4.0mm while also using a rapid trigger that dynamically changes actuation and deactivation points.
All of these reasons, combined with the sheer build quality of the Wooting 60HE turn it into one of the best keyboards for Fortnite (and fast-paced games in general.) And, it is not a surprise as to why itsJerian prefers it.
Has itsJerian Tried Other Keyboards?
Yes, itsJerian has tried two multiple other keyboards besides the Wooting 60HE. However, the Apex Pro Mini is the only keyboard that has come closest to taking the throne.
While the Apex Pro Mini is great, the reason why itsJerian preferred the Wooting 60HE was due to the following reasons:
- Better Build Quality: The Wooting 60HE features dampened, lubed-up switches with a special emphasis on build quality. This leads to it sounding and feeling much better than the Apex Pro Mini.
- Rapid Trigger Switches: The Wooting 60HE dynamically changes your actuation points which lets you press down the same key multiple times at a 0.1mm rather than deactivating the key repeatedly.
- Faster Switches: The Wooting 60HE has the lowest input lag coupled with the fastest switches on a keyboard. So, edits in Fortnite come off much quicker and are cleaner.
Is the Wooting 60HE Worth It?
Yes, the Wooting 60HE is absolutely worth it as a general-purpose keyboard and even more so if you are a gamer. Whether you play Fortnite or not, everyone appreciates faster response times and great build quality.
So, I’d wholeheartedly recommend purchasing the keyboard if you are in the market for a new one. Be aware though, the price definitely is steep, and the availability isn’t all that great given that this was initially a Kickstarter project.
- Latency: The Wooting 60HE has a sub <1ms latency time leading it to be one of the fastest keyboards ever made.
- Adjustable Actuation: Not a fan of the actuation of a particular key? No worries, you can individually adjust it for each switch.
- Rapid Trigger: Deactivates and activates keys dynamically letting you key repeat at a much faster pace.
- Onboard Memory: Set your settings up in the included software, save them, and relax. You won’t need to set them up again as the keyboard has onboard memory.
- Spill Resistance: The keyboard features a lightweight coating that ensures it can take on the occasional spill without a hiccup.
- Lightweight: Coming in at 1.33 lbs / 605 grams, the Wooting 60HE is extremely light.
Few years back I started to work from home, I needed a keyboard, I researched mechanical keyboard from A to Z. After that I needed a monitor, after that I needed a mouse, after that I needed desk, chair and other accessories. I did so much research and I figured this can't all go to waste and I started writing about what I know. Keyboards, Monitors, Mouses and other accessories. You can also at WolfofTablet where I cover a lot of stuff about iPads and Android Tablets. In the free time I like to play PS5 and iOS games.